Letter: Archaeological dig in Rochdale
Date published: 23 February 2018
Cellar of the church that stood on Smith Street, Rochdale
I believe the church foundations uncovered on Smith Street to be part of Milton Congregational Church:
I went there as a child in the early 1960s to Christmas parties organised by 'The Forresters' (sic) as my grandfather was a member of that organisation.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Armed robbery at Norden Co-op
- 3Man disqualified for 46 months after drink-driving collision
- 4Rochdale pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to benefit from the BID
- 5Application for Crimble Lane house to become a residential institution submitted