Letter: Call to review finding for short breaks services
Date published: 27 February 2018
Disabled Children's Partnerships
Short breaks are among the most fundamental services for supporting the health and well-being for families with disabled children.
They give families a break from caring for a disabled child, while also offering a chance for children to do activities they enjoy.
They hold families together and can prevent them from reaching crisis.
Despite this, many of these services are under threat. Currently only three in one hundred families think Health & Social Care services for disabled children is adequate.
Concerned readers can add their names to the Disabled Children's Partnerships online petition calling on the Government to review the funding and availability of short breaks services at:
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Armed robbery at Norden Co-op
- 3Man disqualified for 46 months after drink-driving collision
- 4Rochdale pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to benefit from the BID
- 5Application for Crimble Lane house to become a residential institution submitted