Letter: We need better planning to accommodate emergencies
Date published: 03 March 2018
Butterworth Hall opened as emergency centre
We had a family with a young daughter from Glasgow with a roof over their heads of Thursday night at ours. We met and offered them a place to stay at 2am at Butterworth Hall this morning and took supplies there. They had been stuck for eight hours.
We need better planning to accommodate such emergencies in the area. Every time the M62 shuts due to accidents or weather, innocent people are left stranded every time - all year round.
A task team should be authorised to access the motorway and provide essentials - food and water.
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Armed robbery at Norden Co-op
- 3Man disqualified for 46 months after drink-driving collision
- 4Rochdale pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to benefit from the BID
- 5Application for Crimble Lane house to become a residential institution submitted