Letter: Thank you Milnrow
Date published: 05 March 2018
M62 eastbound near Milnrow, Rochdale Friday 2 March, 2018
My wife and I were unfortunate victims of the M62 closure last Thursday.
After having to spend several hours in our car (returning from Manchester Airport after holiday), we were subject to a display of overwhelming generosity and humanity from the residents of Milnrow.
The hot drinks, toast and offers of rest facilities were so welcome.
We can only say that in today's society, where self interest rules, we were truly grateful and humbled by such a display of generosity and all dispensed with genuine smiles and sympathy, and all offers of payment refused.
Thank you Milnrow.
You are all a truly outstanding example to us all.
May your actions bring you the peace, happiness, and success your actions deserve.
Steve and Andrea Tighe
Two extremely grateful Yorkies from Bradford
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Armed robbery at Norden Co-op
- 3Man disqualified for 46 months after drink-driving collision
- 4Rochdale pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to benefit from the BID
- 5Application for Crimble Lane house to become a residential institution submitted