Letter: Bowlee playing fields and school
Date published: 16 April 2018
Bowlee playing fields and school
It has become clear that since the RMBC Cabinet meeting on the 13 March that rumours have continued to circulate with regards to the actual preferred location of the proposed school.
For clarity see below the actual minutes of the cabinet meeting:
SITE FOR FREE SCHOOL - MIDDLETON
[The] Cabinet considered a report of the Portfolio Holder for Housing and Environment which sought approval to rescind decisions previously made by Cabinet at its meeting on 19th December 2017. Members [councillors] were advised that further consultation had been undertaken with local residents following publication of the report.
Alternatives considered: To retain the original Cabinet decisions to develop the proposed Bowlee Masterplan for community use and additional residential development.
(1) That the decision of Cabinet taken on the 19 December 2017 (Minute 88 (2) and (3) refers) is rescinded.
(2) That the development of a proposed Masterplan for Bowlee to not now go ahead be approved.
(3) That the alternative site identified through the public consultation process on land bordering Whittle Brook down to Martindale Crescent be identified as the preferred site for a Free School.
Following this cabinet meeting we have been sent a new plan that clearly indicates the preferred location for the school, attached for your use.
The intent of this letter is to assist in reminding everyone of the Rochdale Cabinet preferred location for the proposed new school.
Eric Larmett, TD, MRICS, MCABE, MInstRE
The views expressed are those of the author of the letter and not those of Rochdale Online.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Gym lifts students’ prospects with college partnership
- 3Feasibility study into controversial ownership transfer of Falinge Park not completed
- 4Letter: Off-road scum are not bikers!
- 5Middleton Brass Band crowned national champions