Mayoral appointment for Q Gardens sensory garden
Date published: 09 September 2017
Mayor and Mayoress of Rochdale joined volunteers at Q Gardens for the official opening of the new sensory garden
Volunteers at Q Gardens in Kirkholt celebrated the completion of their latest project as the Mayor and Mayoress of Rochdale dropped by to open their new sensory garden.
Mayor Ian Duckworth and Mayoress Christine Duckworth unveiled a plaque in the garden to mark the official opening before thanking all those who were involved in bringing the new space to fruition.
Local residents and volunteers marked the occasion with a summer party, featuring a steel band, and fresh food including soup made from vegetables grown on site.
The sensory garden is the culmination of the hard work of volunteers together with a range of local partners and businesses, including RBH, Groundwork Landscapes Limited, Gordon Riggs garden centre, the Groundwork Trust and Crystal Doors.
The garden also benefitted from young volunteers from the National Citizen Service programme, who gave up their own time to learn the new skill of gardening.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Young woman from Norden cause of death attributed to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
- 2Letter: Hollingworth Lake Rochdale's ‘jewel in the crown’?
- 3Man charged with murder of a woman
- 4Mayor Making Ceremony 2018 - Mohammed Zaman is the new Mayor of Rochdale
- 5Fundraising restarted for Samantha Smith’s third surgery abroad