Local guides take part in Co-op Fairtrade chocolate tasting event
Date published: 05 March 2018
Guides took part in a Fairtrade chocolate tasting event
A group of local guides took part in a Fairtrade chocolate tasting event at a local Co-op store on Saturday 3 March.
Girls from 32nd Guides, Rochdale, took part in the event at the Cutgate shopping precinct store.
The Guides are currently working towards a Guiding Badge which requires them to research Fairtrade, find stockists and to promote products.
The store provided a selection of ethically-produced Co-op Fairtrade white, milk and dark chocolate and the healthy option of bananas for customers to sample.
32nd Guides are a 'Round Three' Co-op Local Good Cause, along with Rochdale Connections Trust and the Hornet’s Foundation.
The Co-op is currently looking for local charities and community organisations to apply in Round Four. Anyone interested should visit the Co-op website and register their interest in becoming a selected Local Good Cause.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Armed robbery at Norden Co-op
- 3Man disqualified for 46 months after drink-driving collision
- 4Rochdale pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to benefit from the BID
- 5Application for Crimble Lane house to become a residential institution submitted