Littleborough Prosecution Society donates over £1,000 to cub packs
Date published: 05 March 2018
Littleborough Prosecution Society donate over £1,000 to local cub packs
A little known group known as the `Littleborough Prosecution Society` has donated over £1,000 to the cub packs at Smithy Bridge and Dearnley.
The money was raised by a raffle and generous donations by several local business men at the AGM dinner night which is always held in January at the Cricket Club.
The society is in its 143rd year and has begun to donate each year to a local 'worthy cause' within the boundary of the old Littleborough Urban District Council – which was swallowed up by Rochdale in 1974.
Past recipients have been Littleborough Junior RLFC, The Hospice Shop Hare Hill Road, Littleborough Historical Society, Littleborough Civic trust (Canal Section), Hare Hill House.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Armed robbery at Norden Co-op
- 3Man disqualified for 46 months after drink-driving collision
- 4Rochdale pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to benefit from the BID
- 5Application for Crimble Lane house to become a residential institution submitted