Solidarity Fundraiser in Castleton
Date published: 16 April 2018
Musicians and Unite members at the Solidarity Fundraiser in Castleton
A 'Solidarity Fundraiser' at Woolworth's Social Club in Castleton on Friday night raised £600 for striking workers.
Unite union members in Manchester, who are in dispute with the Fujitsu company over job cut plans, attended the event along with Rochdale, Heywood and Middleton Labour Party members and councillors.
Castleton musician and event organiser Gerry O'Gorman said: "It was a great night and a tremendous show of support for workers fighting for their livelihoods, amidst attacks on their job terms and conditions.
"Ian Allinson, one of the Unite representatives dismissed by Fujitsu, explained the dispute history and why solidarity and support was crucial to the workers' struggle.
"More events are planned if the dispute remains unresolved."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Gym lifts students’ prospects with college partnership
- 3Feasibility study into controversial ownership transfer of Falinge Park not completed
- 4Letter: Off-road scum are not bikers!
- 5Middleton Brass Band crowned national champions