Grace’s Place fundraiser visits Middleton Rotary Club
Date published: 11 July 2018
Carla McBride from Grace’s Place with Rotarian Helen Jungmyar
Rotarian Helen Jungmyar invited Carla McBride, fundraiser for Grace’s Place, along to Middleton Rotary Club’s meeting on Monday, 9 July, to talk about a relatively new children’s hospice shortly to open in Bury.
Grace’s Place is part of Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice and is due to begin caring for children and families in the Bury, Rochdale and Oldham areas.
Carla McBride said: “More than 650 children in the North Manchester area are living with life-shortening conditions, but the vast majority aren’t getting any children’s hospice support at all. Until now, some have been cared for by Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice at Huddersfield.
“However, now Forget Me Not are opening a children’s hospice in Bury, which means:
- they will be able to care for loads more children and families
- the families already looked after won’t have to travel so far
- they will be able to offer North Manchester families so much more
“Grace’s Place has been at the planning stage for a few years, and has gathered a huge amount of local support, but never got as far as opening.”
Now, Grace’s Place is under new management,Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice, a different charity with a proven track record of excellence.
The name Grace’s Place is being kept in recognition of everything that’s been achieved so far. All the building needs now is a few finishing touches, and the staff. They hope to open Grace’s Place late September early October.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Armed robbery at Norden Co-op
- 3Man disqualified for 46 months after drink-driving collision
- 4Rochdale pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to benefit from the BID
- 5Application for Crimble Lane house to become a residential institution submitted