Murder inquiry launched after stabbing victim dies
Date published: 19 October 2016
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Friendship Inn, Cheapside, Middleton
A murder inquiry has been launched after a man who was stabbed outside the Friendship Inn pub in Cheapside, Middleton died.
The 27-year-old suffered multiple stab wounds in a mass brawl, which involved a group of men and women, shortly after 11.30pm on Friday (14 October 2016). He was taken to hospital but later died.
Detective Chief Insp Jamie Daniels said: "We continue to appeal for information from anyone who witnessed the attack and we are particularly reaching out to people in the community who might not normally want to talk to the police.
"The loss of any loved one is heart breaking but for the victim's family and friends to lose him to an act like this must be unbearable and I would ask anyone with knowledge about the incident to think about this, to do the right thing and get in touch with us.
"We are particularly interested in speaking to a man who is described as around 21 years old, white, of medium build and was believed to have been wearing a grey T-shirt and shorts."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle
- 2Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 3Littleborough care home rated ‘Good’ following unannounced inspection
- 4Security manager prosecuted for allowing fly-tipping at Turner Brothers Asbestos site
- 5Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions