Man arrested on suspicion of murder after Middleton stabbing victim dies
Date published: 20 October 2016
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Friendship Inn, Cheapside, Middleton
A 21-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a man died after being stabbed outside the Friendship Inn in Cheapside, Middleton.
He remains in police custody for questioning.
Shortly after 11.30pm on Friday 14 October, police were called to Cheapside to reports of a group of men and women fighting.
On arrival officers found a 27-year-old man with multiple stab wounds. He was taken to hospital where he died.
Detective Chief Inspector Jamie Daniels, from GMP’s Rochdale borough, said: "I would like to thank the public for their response to our appeal.
“We have one man in custody but our investigation continues.
"We continue to appeal to anyone who witnessed the attack to come forward and I would urge anyone with information to contact us."
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 2Residents don't recycle food because it is "smelly and dirty", survey finds
- 3Outstanding A-level results at Rochdale Sixth Form College
- 4JD Sports reduce 12-hour night shift breaks from three to two
- 5Paving flags stolen from Springhill Hospice’s Coffee at the Craven