Man arrested on suspicion of murder after Middleton stabbing victim dies
Date published: 20 October 2016
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Friendship Inn, Cheapside, Middleton
A 21-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a man died after being stabbed outside the Friendship Inn in Cheapside, Middleton.
He remains in police custody for questioning.
Shortly after 11.30pm on Friday 14 October, police were called to Cheapside to reports of a group of men and women fighting.
On arrival officers found a 27-year-old man with multiple stab wounds. He was taken to hospital where he died.
Detective Chief Inspector Jamie Daniels, from GMP’s Rochdale borough, said: "I would like to thank the public for their response to our appeal.
“We have one man in custody but our investigation continues.
"We continue to appeal to anyone who witnessed the attack to come forward and I would urge anyone with information to contact us."
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 187-year-old man killed in collision on St Mary's Gate
- 2Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 3Littleborough childminder rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for fourth consecutive time
- 4Petrol station locals claim is already plagued by late-night rows, abuse and vandalism to sell...
- 5Rochdale singer-songwriter named as one of the UK's "top fierce female artists" in contest to...