Labour Councillor Chris Furlong says the Labour Party "has no choice" but to expel Simon Danczuk
Date published: 30 December 2016
Labour Councillor Chris Furlong has hit back following Simon Danczuk saying the Labour Party has 'no choice' but to lift his suspension; Councillor Furlong says the party "has no choice but to make his suspension from the party permanent".
Mr Danczuk was suspended a year ago after The Sun published details of sex messages the Rochdale MP sent to 17-year-old Sophena Houlihan after she asked him for a job.
Councillor Furlong, Labour Party member for North Middleton, posted a list of Mr Danczuk's 'indiscretions' on social media:
- Sexts to a teenager
- Using his taxpayer funded office for sex
- Arrest in Spain for assaulting his ex-wife
- Pictured drunk whilst Rochdale was flooded
- Caught claiming expenses for car parking whilst on holiday - ordered to pay it back
- Caught claiming £11,500 accommodation expenses for two of his children who didn't stay with him in London - ordered to pay it back and still being investigated by the Met Police
- Self declared sex and drink addict
- Claimed for 97 first class journeys in 2015/16, totalling £9,978
Councillor Furlong said: "He believes he has no case to answer. Obviously the party think he has or he wouldn't be [being] investigated by them.
"Anyone with an ounce of shame would have resigned by now.
"The Labour Party has no choice but to make his suspension from the party permanent."
Mr Danczuk has been invited to comment.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New ward boundary proposals finalised for the Rochdale borough
- 2Amusement arcade to move into former bank in Middleton town centre
- 3Armed robbery on Langley Lane
- 4‘I thought I would have had one more year’: Ousted leader’s ‘disappointment’ over being ditched...
- 5Man arrested following car theft in Rochdale