Scout Moor Wind Farm expansion plan update
Date published: 31 January 2017
Scout Moor Wind Farm
The Scout Moor Wind Farm Public Inquiry was held in October 2016. The Planning Inspector has a deadline to submit his report to the Secretary of State by the 28 February. The Secretary of State will then make the final decision.
Rochdale Ramblers met with various agencies including the Open Spaces Society to discuss the decommissioning bond, this is money that has to be put on one side to fund the decommissioning of the turbines at the end of their life. If no money is set aside the cost could fall on the public purse.
Roy Thorniley, Footpath and Countryside Secretary of Rochdale Ramblers, said: “We have lobbied MPs and government departments.
“The research group Wood Mackenzie recently warned that taxpayers are facing a £24 billion pound bill for decommissioning the North Sea oil and gas fields so it’s important that the cost of decommissioning any future wind turbines is resolved.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Electricity North West engineer killed in Littleborough crash
- 2Front entrance of Rochdale railway station closed for seven days from Monday
- 3Stunning replica of planet Earth to be unveiled next month in Rochdale
- 4Rochdale to adopt 20mph speed limit on residential roads as councillors back call for safer streets
- 5Milnrow businesswoman appeals for once loved handbags for domestic abuse survivors