Fun-filled family 'Science Fair' at Wardleworth Community Centre
Date published: 12 March 2017
Science Fair at Wardleworth Community Centre
Wardleworth Community Centre hosted a fun-filled family 'Science Fair' on Sunday (12 March), organised by young science enthusiast, ten-year-old Labib Rhman.
Labib was supported by his father and a donation from the British Science Association.
Hundreds of children and adults from Wardleworth and beyond attended and the day was packed with science related activities - science shows and experiments - plus live wild life mini zoo, bouncy castles, food stalls and a presentation by Labib about fossils.
The Vice Chairman of Wardleworth Community Centre, Shaukat Ali, presented the event, which was also attended by the Mayor of Rochdale Council Ray Dutton, Councillor Syed Ali Ahmed and Councillor Sultan Ali.
Shaukat Ali said: "We thank the Mayor and the councillors for their attendance and all the volunteers, organisers and participants, without them the event would not have been successful.
"This event proves that the Community Centre plays a vital part in bringing in people together and the community is benefiting from having a local centre right in the heart of the community. The Community Centre is a focal point for the residents in Wardleworth and we very much hope that the Council will continue to fund it in the years to come."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 2Littleborough childminder rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for fourth consecutive time
- 3Petrol station locals claim is already plagued by late-night rows, abuse and vandalism to sell...
- 4Rochdale singer-songwriter named as one of the UK's "top fierce female artists" in contest to...
- 5Rochdale school finalist in Virgin Media’s national TV Christmas competition