Danczuk giving up his constituency office
Date published: 17 May 2017
Simon Danczuk's on St Mary's Gate
Simon Danczuk's constituency office is for sale or to let - and the Labour party says it is because "he knows he hasn't a hope in hell of winning the seat".
The office, on St Mary's Gate, is being marketed by Ryder and Dutton, agents for Danczuk's landlord.
The decription on the agent's website says:
The premises have been occupied by the constituency MP but will be vacated at the end of July 2017.
A Labour Party spokesman said: "It's a sorry and embarrassing spectacle to see the former MP falling apart before our very eyes.
"He knows he hasn't a hope in hell of winning the seat so he is spending all his time lashing out at Labour. He wants the Tories to win - and all from a man who just two weeks ago was pleading to be the Labour candidate.
"Labour is the only party fighting a positive campaign in Rochdale. Tony Lloyd is pressing home Labour's popular policies to create more jobs, sort out the NHS, build more affordable homes and improve our buses and trains.
"Tony Lloyd will stand up for Rochdale and not drag it down."
Rochdale Online revealed eariler this week that Danczuk will receive over £10,000 by standing as an Independent and losing whereas he would get nothing if he didn't stand.
Danczuk did not respond to an invitation to comment.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man snapped on ladder balanced on roof of transit van on blind bend in Whitworth
- 2Some town centre car parks closed on Saturday
- 3Francis Patrick Doherty sentenced to prison for series of car crimes
- 4Metrolink slammed for reluctance to replace vandalised ticket machine at Newhey
- 5Spectacular drone footage captures legacy of former Turner Brothers Asbestos site