Thousands enjoy Rochdale Classic Car Show
Date published: 16 July 2017
Mayor Ian Duckworth and Mayoress Christine Duckworth with Nicholl Gordon and Diana Gordon (and Archie the dog) from Anglesey with their HMC car
Thousands of people turned out in glorious sunshine to enjoy the Rochdale Classic Car Show on Sunday (16 July) at Rakewood.
There were over 303 vintage, classic, collectors cars, old working cars and vans, motorcycles and scooters on display.
Mayor Ian Duckworth said: “This is the most interesting car park I have ever been in. Fabulous variety of vehicles, and all turned out to a really high standard by their owners. My thanks to all the organisers and volunteers.”
The event was organised by the Rotary Club of Rochdale and all funds will go to Past President John Holder’s charities supporting Prostate cancer care in the UK and Medic Malawi overseas.
The new Rotary President for Rochdale, Ann Stott, said: “It’s fantastic, this is the first Classic Car Show and we are going to make it an annual event.
“A huge vote of thanks goes to Mike Tomkinson whose idea it was, he has put in an enormous effort to pull everything together.
“The club has been great, along with RAYNET (The Radio Amateurs’ Emergency Network), Roch Valley Radio, Littleborough Sports Club, who have given us the ground to use, and an army of volunteers – everyone working together for the good of the community.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Two attempted child kidnappings in Rochdale
- 2Four men arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after man attacked with axe
- 3Rochdale inquiry: paedophile Roderick Hilton camped outside Knowl View School and ‘was part of the...
- 4Narrow lanes on M62 near Rochdale removed as smart motorway scheme nears completion
- 5Crime rises by 31% in Greater Manchester