Trial date set for council business rates officer Matthew Ravey
Date published: 16 September 2017
Rochdale Borough Council
A trial date of 19 March 2018 has been set for former Rochdale Borough Council business rates officer Matthew Ravey at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court.
In July, Ravey (15/09/1990) of Weir Road, Rochdale, was charged with three counts of fraud and theft after abusing his position as business rates officer at Rochdale Council.
In June 2016, a report was made to police after £80,000 worth of funds were fraudulently diverted from Rochdale Council accounts to various account holders across Rochdale.
A council spokesperson said: “We can confirm the man who has been charged was a former employee of the council.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Whitworth man convicted of child sex offences
- 2Taxi driver attacked by four teens before they stole £120
- 3Cambridge success for former Oulder Hill pupil after fantastic A-level results
- 4British Transport Police release CCTV following report of sexual assault at Rochdale railway
- 5Walk and Ride Festival to go outward-bound in Rochdale