Mohammed Shafquat Shah charged with firearms offences after car stopped in Rochdale
Date published: 09 November 2017
Mohammed Shafquat Shah has been charged with firearms and drugs offences after a car was stopped off junction 21 of the M62 in Rochdale on Sunday 5 November.
West Yorkshire Police officers stopped a car just off junction 21 of the M62 in Rochdale at about 4.30pm on Sunday as part of an ongoing West Yorkshire Police operation.
Armed officers arrested two men in the vehicle on suspicion of firearms offences and recovered an illegally held firearm from the car.
Shah, 29, of Bradford, was remanded in custody to appear at Kirklees Magistrates Court on Tuesday, 7 November).
The second man arrested has been released without charge.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man taken to hospital after being shot near Falinge Park
- 2Police launch appeal for information following shooting near Falinge Park
- 3Mother’s heartache as killer of Chloe Cockton to be allowed home leave from prison
- 4Stress and depression leading causes of long-term sick at Rochdale Council
- 5Rochdale streets to become 20mph zones