Opportunity for residents to attend workshops on proposals to demolish College Bank and Falinge flats
Date published: 03 December 2017
College Bank Flats
RBH has controversially proposed demolishing four of the 'Seven Sisters' tower blocks at College Bank and blocks of flats at Lower Falinge.
The proposals have brought an outcry from residents.
A petition against the proposals was launched by former Mayor of Rochdale, Robin Parker.
In response to criticism, RBH has "guaranteed town centre homes for residents at College Bank and Lower Falinge if their flats are demolished".
Responding to claims that their view of regenerating the College Bank area “smacks of social cleansing", a spokesperson for RBH said they are "appalled and angry" at the "serious accusation".
A 'community workshop' for those who live and work in College Bank and Lower Falinge will be held on Wednesday 13 December from 10am until 6pm, at the Pioneers Museum, 31 Toad Lane, Rochdale, OL12 0NU.
Referring to the forthcoming 'community workshops', a spokesperson for RBH said: "This will be an opportunity for local people to tell RBH and the design team your ideas and thoughts on different elements of RBH’s proposals for Central Rochdale, so that RBH can work together with the community to begin to work up the next stage of detail on the proposals.
"Each theme has its own time slot and residents can attend as many sessions as they like."
- Getting About – Connections in to the Town Centre and beyond and getting about in and around the neighbourhood (10am-11am)
- Homes – New homes and improvements to retained homes - sizes, types and design (11am-12.30pm)
- The Neighbourhood – Public and open spaces, play areas and community facilities (1pm-2pm)
- Residents Deal – What is a Residents Deal and how do RBH and the community work together to achieve one? (2pm-3.30pm)
- Employment & Career Support – What would make a real difference to support residents in to employment or to progress in their career (3.30pm-4.30pm)
- Anything and Everything – This will be a free slot to discuss any element of the above themes and the proposals for the Town Centre with RBH and the design team (4.30pm-6pm)
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.