Window of bus travelling up Whitworth Road smashed by children with brick
Date published: 21 December 2017
464 Rosso Bus damaged by school children with bricks
The window of a bus travelling up Whitworth Road from Rochdale was smashed with a brick by a group of children at 12.45pm on Wednesday.
The large brick was intentionally thrown at the bus and smashed the window where a male passenger was seated.
The incident happened at the bottom of Whitworth Road as the bus was travelling past the Texaco petrol station, only a few minutes into its journey.
Kirsty Rigg, a passenger who was on the bus, said: “I have only lived in Whitworth for a month and this has happened three times already and it is always in the day time.
“The kids are always hanging around there [the bottom of Whitworth Road] so it is really starting to become a problem.
“It is an issue in the area that needs ending."
The bus driver took details from a passenger who witnessed the incident and reported it.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man remains in custody on suspicion of attempted rape
- 2Nowster pub could become new health centre
- 3Police appealing for witnesses after a man was robbed and left with head injuries
- 4Rochdale translation firm ordered to pay more than £240,000 for diverting third of government...
- 5Two men arrested after armed robberies in Rochdale and Oldham