William Howarth to stand as independent candidate in May election
Date published: 28 December 2017
William Howarth has revealed he intends to stand as an independent candidate during the May elections.
The co-founder of Parents Against Grooming UK (PAGUK) said: “I have decided that now is the time to announce that it is my intention to run for council in May.
“I have decided that I will stand as an independent candidate because for years now I have tried to combat the grooming and cover ups via PAGUK and, despite some tremendous results, we are still only scratching the surface because we are not able to get any of the national mainstream political parties on board.
“Too many of our children have been harmed. We need someone on the inside who is not afraid to ask questions and expose the wrongdoings.
“At the moment we have councillors who have held their seats for so long that it has become a lucrative career.
"It is time every individual councillor was held to account. We the people have the right to question their every decision. When I read that the new leader has said that he will not discuss policy in public, I fear for our future democracy.
“Please support me to make the changes that we need.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man remains in custody on suspicion of attempted rape
- 2Nowster pub could become new health centre
- 3Police appealing for witnesses after a man was robbed and left with head injuries
- 4Rochdale translation firm ordered to pay more than £240,000 for diverting third of government...
- 5Two men arrested after armed robberies in Rochdale and Oldham