Woman and boy taken to hospital after gas leak in Kirkholt

Date published: 28 December 2017

A woman and a boy have been taken to hospital after exposure to a suspected gas leak at Ruskin Road in Kirkholt.

Three fire engines were called to a semi-detached house on Saturday (23 December) after reports of a suspected carbon monoxide leak in the house. Local gas network Cadent was called out by the emergency services, where engineers cut off the gas supply to the property and made it safe.

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue said: “A woman and a boy were taken to hospital due to potential exposure to the gas. Residents in an adjoining property were also checked over at the scene but did not require further treatment.”

Do you have a story for us?

Let us know by emailing
All contact will be treated in confidence.

To contact the Rochdale Online news desk, email or visit our news submission page.

To get the latest news on your desktop or mobile, follow Rochdale Online on Twitter and Facebook.