An enriching experience for Rochdale Sixth Form with Crescent Community Radio
Date published: 02 January 2018
Ahad Ali, Shahid Ali and Shehyaar Javaid
Three students from Rochdale Sixth Form were given the opportunity to learn about digital media during their placement at Crescent Community Radio.
Ahad Ali, Shahid Ali and Shehyaar Javaid volunteered at the station as part of their enrichment module for their course.
Producer Parveen Bibi said: “I was impressed with the students. They were hard-working, enthusiastic and quick learners, demonstrating qualities that employers look for.”
During their placement, the students gained practical experience in both recording and editing audio as they worked on the Kashmiri Lives project. Kashmiri Lives is a 12-month project funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund to record, share and preserve the stories of the Kashmiri community in Greater Manchester across three generations.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man remains in custody on suspicion of attempted rape
- 2Nowster pub could become new health centre
- 3Police appealing for witnesses after a man was robbed and left with head injuries
- 4Rochdale translation firm ordered to pay more than £240,000 for diverting third of government...
- 5Two men arrested after armed robberies in Rochdale and Oldham