Rochdale welcomed 2018 with fireworks and music
Date published: 03 January 2018
Fireworks at midnight
The arrival of the New Year was celebrated in Rochdale with two fireworks displays and live music in the town centre.
During the afternoon children enjoyed rides, music, circus performances and games and a family friendly firework display.
From 10pm revellers braved the rain to enjoy sets from Revolution 96.2 DJ Elliot Eastwick and a live performance of big band and swing classics from The Surburban Swing Orchestra before a second fireworks display as Rochdale Town Hall clock chimed midnight.
Mark Foxley, Chairman of Rochdale Town Centre Management said: "Both firework displays were superb and despite the weather we saw many thousands of people in our town centre enjoying the entertainment on another memorable evening.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man remains in custody on suspicion of attempted rape
- 2Nowster pub could become new health centre
- 3Police appealing for witnesses after a man was robbed and left with head injuries
- 4Rochdale translation firm ordered to pay more than £240,000 for diverting third of government...
- 5Two men arrested after armed robberies in Rochdale and Oldham