Springside ready for the People’s FA Cup
Date published: 16 February 2018
Springside team with unofficial coach, Olivia Fierro
After weeks of football practice, Springside Primary Special School staff are as ready as they will ever be for the People’s FA Cup.
The team spent a day of the half term dedicated to training for the football enjoying practicing several drills and mini matches on Thursday.
Teaching assistant Amy Deadman set up the team at Springside Primary Special School said: “We would like to say good luck and thank you to the staff at Springside who are competing in aid of Jolly Josh.
“Additionally, I would like to say a special thank you to our unofficial coach, Olivia Fierro. She has been coming along after school and during the half term to our sessions to help out with our training in an attempt to get us tournament ready."
The tournament is to take place Saturday 24 February at Power League in Manchester.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Britain’s ‘most luxurious train’ to pass through Rochdale this weekend
- 2Edgar Wood Academy welcomes first Year 7 students
- 3Controversial plans to build new housing estate on former chemical works site resurrected
- 4Three teenagers charged with burglary after Gordon Riggs break-in
- 5Who is your Man of Rochdale 2021? Nominations now open