Springside ready for the People’s FA Cup
Date published: 16 February 2018
Springside team with unofficial coach, Olivia Fierro
After weeks of football practice, Springside Primary Special School staff are as ready as they will ever be for the People’s FA Cup.
The team spent a day of the half term dedicated to training for the football enjoying practicing several drills and mini matches on Thursday.
Teaching assistant Amy Deadman set up the team at Springside Primary Special School said: “We would like to say good luck and thank you to the staff at Springside who are competing in aid of Jolly Josh.
“Additionally, I would like to say a special thank you to our unofficial coach, Olivia Fierro. She has been coming along after school and during the half term to our sessions to help out with our training in an attempt to get us tournament ready."
The tournament is to take place Saturday 24 February at Power League in Manchester.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Heywood man who was part of large-scale drugs conspiracy ordered to pay back money or face another...
- 2Milnrow restaurant and takeaway named Curry Life Awards Best Restaurant
- 3Arrests as cars, cash and drugs seized in Rochdale
- 4Appeal following death of a man at M62 exit for Birch Services
- 5Long service marked as colleagues bid Paul a fond farewell