7:27am Friday 2 March - 'Don't drive unless essential' - Greater Manchester Police
Date published: 02 March 2018
Don't drive unless essential - roads are already gridlocked in Oldham and Rochdale
Snow, strong winds and sub zero temperatures are continuing to cause chaos across large parts of Greater Manchester this morning, with a number of drivers stranded in their cars on trans-Pennine routes in Oldham, Tameside and Rochdale.
The M62 is closed in both directions - between Milnrow and Huddersfield. The Woodhead Pass is shut - and the A58 Halifax Road in Littleborough is closed.
Locally, roads are already gridlocked in Oldham and Rochdale. Other routes which are closed include the A62 at Delph in Saddleworth, where some drivers have been stuck overnight.
Police are warning people not to drive this morning unless it's absolutely essential.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Armed robbery at Norden Co-op
- 3Man disqualified for 46 months after drink-driving collision
- 4Rochdale pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants to benefit from the BID
- 5Application for Crimble Lane house to become a residential institution submitted