M62 to remain closed "indefinitely", say police
Date published: 02 March 2018
Snow and ice causing problems for drivers
Greater Manchester Police has confirmed the M62 motorway will be closed "indefinitely" between junction 20 at Rochdale and junction 24, Huddersfield.
Police have warned motorists to "adhere to all road closure signs" as people have driven past them and then got stuck in snow.
A pregnant woman was stranded in a coach for nine hours on the M62 near Rochdale in winds of up to 90mph.
She was one of 60 people stuck on a coach trying to get to Leeds.
Stranded motorists on the M62 have been warned to be on the lookout for a man "trying to cash-in" on the crisis by selling cups of tea for £1.
Drinks are being handed out free by volunteers.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man taken to hospital after being shot near Falinge Park
- 2Police launch appeal for information following shooting near Falinge Park
- 3Mother’s heartache as killer of Chloe Cockton to be allowed home leave from prison
- 4Stress and depression leading causes of long-term sick at Rochdale Council
- 5Rochdale streets to become 20mph zones