Entries are open for this year’s Greater Manchester Contemporary Arts Prize
Date published: 20 March 2018
Greater Manchester Contemporary Arts Prize
Greater Manchester Contemporary Arts Prize is open for entries.
This year, the artwork will be displayed at a pop-up exhibition taking place in Stockport War Memorial Art Gallery. The overall winner and three runners-up will be presented with an award at the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce Annual Business Dinner on 17 May at Victoria Warehouse.
Last year’s winner, 24-year-old Helen Davies from Oldham, said “To win left me completely over the moon.”
Work by Helen and the runners-up was displayed in Summer Exhibition at the Chamber’s offices in Elliot House in Manchester City Centre.
Joy Sewart, Head of Skills Development at Greater Manchester Chamber, said: “Our aim is to find and build the careers of artists and help develop artistic talent across the region. There is a wealth of talent and our job at the Chamber is to provide a platform to showcase and celebrate the work of our contemporary visual artists.”
Artists can submit work via the website at:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man dies after being hit by a vehicle while lying in the road after being assaulted
- 2Packer Street taped off by police following serious incident
- 3Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of man in Rochdale
- 4Inspirational Rochdale teacher honoured in UK celebration of teaching
- 5Grade-II* listed church St John the Baptist has been awarded funding for repairs