Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds
Date published: 20 June 2018
Arrests have been made following serious anti-social behaviour linked to offenders riding stolen mopeds.
Police responded to reports of three off-road bikes driving erratically in Rochdale at around 1.50pm on Tuesday,
and a police pursuit began which ended on Halifax Road, Littleborough.
Two men, aged 18 and 19 were arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle.
Superintendent Chris Hill, of GMP, said: “We will relentlessly pursue individuals who think they can act without impunity and whose reckless behaviour blights communities.
“I would like to thank members of the public who have assisted us with our enquiries.
“While we have made arrests, it’s vital that people who see this kind of anti-social behaviour in their area, report this to police on 0161 856 7771.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Off-road bikers terrorise lorry driver in Milnrow and were caught on camera
- 2Gym lifts students’ prospects with college partnership
- 3Feasibility study into controversial ownership transfer of Falinge Park not completed
- 4Letter: Off-road scum are not bikers!
- 5Middleton Brass Band crowned national champions