Pub landlord’s sister-in-law to run 10k in aid of Alport UK
Date published: 30 July 2018
The sister-in-law of a popular Rochdale pub landlord will take on the Rochdale 10k this year to raise money for Alport UK.
Ruth Radanovic will be running the Rochdale 10k for the charity, which raises funds for research into a cure, as her nephew, Oliver Boothman, has the condition.
Ruth’s brother-in-law Ben, who runs the Flying Horse Hotel, said: “My wonderful sister-in-law Ruth Radanovic is running the 10k in Rochdale this year in aid of Alport UK.”
Alport syndrome, which affects Ben’s eldest child, Oliver, is a genetic condition characterised by kidney disease, hearing loss, and eye abnormalities.
Oliver was diagnosed with the condition in 2013, which affects his hearing and will mean that he will need a new kidney in the future.
Ben added: “As some may know our eldest has Alports, which affects his hearing and will mean one day – perhaps a few times – he will need a new kidney. Please give this a share or even donate a fiver if you can spare it.”
The Rochdale 10k will take place on Sunday 7 October, following a route along the canal, looping along cycleways before retracing its steps to finish outside the start at the Town Hall.
To donate, visit:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 187-year-old man killed in collision on St Mary's Gate
- 2Serial rapist found guilty of 37 offences relating to 11 victims aged between 11 and 71
- 3Six-year old girl leads her pony at North West Championship show
- 4Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 5Petrol station locals claim is already plagued by late-night rows, abuse and vandalism to sell...