250 new homes could be built in Smithy Bridge
Date published: 08 August 2018
Plans for up to 250 new family homes on land at Smithy Bridge Road, Littleborough
Taylor Wimpey has unveiled plans for up to 250 new family homes on land at Smithy Bridge Road.
The proposed development includes a mix of three- and four-bedroom detached and semi-detached homes, as well as high-quality landscaping and open space.
Subject to planning, it is expected that construction will begin early next year.
Kate Fitzgerald, land and planning manager at Taylor Wimpey, said: “There is a growing need for high-quality family homes all over the country. Our proposal makes a valuable contribution to both national and local housing need.”
“The site is in an excellent location for housing. It is close to local services and public transport, all while avoiding the green belt. These proposals take the existing location into key consideration, while being well designed and incorporating green space along the River Roch valley.”
Taylor Wimpey hosted a public exhibition at the Bridge Centre on Smithy Bridge Road to display the plans and hear from local residents in May this year.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Riverbank outdoor market opens Saturday
- 2Changes to taxi ranks in Rochdale town centre
- 3Rochdale Sixth Form College achieves 99% A-level pass rate for seventh year running
- 4Man with outstanding immigration application detained
- 5Three charged as part of an investigation into modern slavery in Rochdale