Grooming gang trio to lose British citizenship
Date published: 08 August 2018
Three members of the Rochdale grooming gang will be stripped of their British citizenship after losing an appeal to avoid being deported.
Abdul Aziz, Adil Khan and Qari Abdul Rauf were among nine men from Rochdale and Oldham who were jailed in 2012 for exploiting girls as young as 13, had challenged Government moves to strip them of their British citizenship.
Their appeal was rejected by The Court of Appeal.
The ringleader, Shabir Ahmed, had also appealed the decision, but the outcome is not yet known.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New lease of life could await former pubs
- 2Daughter of missing Wakefield woman found in Rochdale launches appeal to find kind stranger who...
- 3Rochdale’s outdoor market will no longer operate on a Friday
- 4Clampdown on driving offences in Milkstone and Deeplish
- 5Tens of thousands of pounds’ worth of cannabis seized in Castleton