Man dies after falling from motorway bridge
Date published: 13 September 2018
A man fell from a bridge over the M62 and died on Thursday morning (13 September).
All lanes of the motorway have been shut between J22 at for Rishworth Moor and 24, Ainley top.
Police have confirmed the man has died, following the tragedy.
A spokesperson for West Yorkshire Police said: “Police were called at 9.52am to reports of a concern for safety for a male on a bridge at Rishworth at the M62.
“The male fell from the bridge and sustained fatal injuries.
“There are road closures in place. Avoid the area if possible.”
Highways England has advised people to find alternative routes where possible and long delays are expected.
A Highways spokesman said: “Both carriageways from J22 to J24 are closed due to a police incident.
“Please avoid the area if possible.”
Normal traffic conditions are expected by around 2.30pm.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Local beauty salons offering free treatments as incentive for women to attend cervical screening...
- 2Plan for apartments on Maclure Road pulled
- 3Nursery where children thrive rated as outstanding
- 4Dozens of new homes to be built next to Grade II listed mill
- 5Fizz Bomb moves to the Wheatsheaf Centre