Man dies after falling from motorway bridge
Date published: 13 September 2018
A man fell from a bridge over the M62 and died on Thursday morning (13 September).
All lanes of the motorway have been shut between J22 at for Rishworth Moor and 24, Ainley top.
Police have confirmed the man has died, following the tragedy.
A spokesperson for West Yorkshire Police said: “Police were called at 9.52am to reports of a concern for safety for a male on a bridge at Rishworth at the M62.
“The male fell from the bridge and sustained fatal injuries.
“There are road closures in place. Avoid the area if possible.”
Highways England has advised people to find alternative routes where possible and long delays are expected.
A Highways spokesman said: “Both carriageways from J22 to J24 are closed due to a police incident.
“Please avoid the area if possible.”
Normal traffic conditions are expected by around 2.30pm.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale gym crowned best gym in the UK at the UKactive Awards
- 2Two new secondary schools approved by government
- 3Man taken to hospital after five-car crash in Heywood
- 4Rochdale optician urges residents not to be caught out by the ‘silent thief of sight’
- 5Mayor’s new electric car is a first for Greater Manchester