Lloyds Bank in Heywood to close in January
Date published: 13 September 2018
Lloyds Bank will close its Heywood branch next year, it was announced on Thursday (13 September).
The closure means the nearest branch will be in Rochdale centre, leaving Barclays as the only bank to remain in Heywood.
A Lloyds Bank spokesperson said: “We have made the difficult decision to close the Lloyds Bank Heywood branch in January 2019 due to the changing ways customers choose to bank with us, which has resulted in the branch being used less often.
“We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause, customers can continue to access their banking locally by visiting the nearby Post Office, which is less than half a mile from the branch. The nearest alternative branch is Rochdale.”
In 2016, Lloyds Banking Group first announced plans to axe 3,000 jobs and close 200 branches by the end of 2017, to save £400 million.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Local beauty salons offering free treatments as incentive for women to attend cervical screening...
- 2Plan for apartments on Maclure Road pulled
- 3Nursery where children thrive rated as outstanding
- 4Dozens of new homes to be built next to Grade II listed mill
- 5Fizz Bomb moves to the Wheatsheaf Centre