Lloyds Bank in Heywood to close in January
Date published: 13 September 2018
Lloyds Bank will close its Heywood branch next year, it was announced on Thursday (13 September).
The closure means the nearest branch will be in Rochdale centre, leaving Barclays as the only bank to remain in Heywood.
A Lloyds Bank spokesperson said: “We have made the difficult decision to close the Lloyds Bank Heywood branch in January 2019 due to the changing ways customers choose to bank with us, which has resulted in the branch being used less often.
“We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause, customers can continue to access their banking locally by visiting the nearby Post Office, which is less than half a mile from the branch. The nearest alternative branch is Rochdale.”
In 2016, Lloyds Banking Group first announced plans to axe 3,000 jobs and close 200 branches by the end of 2017, to save £400 million.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale gym crowned best gym in the UK at the UKactive Awards
- 2Two new secondary schools approved by government
- 3Man taken to hospital after five-car crash in Heywood
- 4Rochdale optician urges residents not to be caught out by the ‘silent thief of sight’
- 5Mayor’s new electric car is a first for Greater Manchester