Thousands of cannabis plants discovered in Shawclough
Date published: 14 September 2018
Cannabis plants seized in Shawclough
Almost 3,000 cannabis plants were discovered by police in an industrial unit on Thursday (13 September).
Over 2,700 plants in varying growth stages were discovered by officers, who uncovered the large-scale farm.
No arrests have been made, and enquiries are underway.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “Neighbourhood officers have uncovered a large-scale cannabis farm within an industrial unit in the Shawclough area, containing over 2,700 plants in various stages of growth.
“No arrests have been made as yet, but inquiries are underway to establish who was using the unit and who may be behind the cultivation of cannabis.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Local beauty salons offering free treatments as incentive for women to attend cervical screening...
- 2Plan for apartments on Maclure Road pulled
- 3Nursery where children thrive rated as outstanding
- 4Dozens of new homes to be built next to Grade II listed mill
- 5Fizz Bomb moves to the Wheatsheaf Centre