Thousands of cannabis plants discovered in Shawclough
Date published: 14 September 2018
Cannabis plants seized in Shawclough
Almost 3,000 cannabis plants were discovered by police in an industrial unit on Thursday (13 September).
Over 2,700 plants in varying growth stages were discovered by officers, who uncovered the large-scale farm.
No arrests have been made, and enquiries are underway.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “Neighbourhood officers have uncovered a large-scale cannabis farm within an industrial unit in the Shawclough area, containing over 2,700 plants in various stages of growth.
“No arrests have been made as yet, but inquiries are underway to establish who was using the unit and who may be behind the cultivation of cannabis.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale gym crowned best gym in the UK at the UKactive Awards
- 2Two new secondary schools approved by government
- 3Man taken to hospital after five-car crash in Heywood
- 4Rochdale optician urges residents not to be caught out by the ‘silent thief of sight’
- 5Mayor’s new electric car is a first for Greater Manchester