Man found guilty of manslaughter after victim died with one punch
Date published: 11 October 2018
Dixy Chicken takeaway on Reed Hill, off Yorkshire Street
A 20-year-old man from Rochdale has been found guilty of manslaughter after a man he punched died last year.
Jafar Ali (24/05/1998), appeared at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on Tuesday (9 October) where the court heard how Ali, who was 19 at the time of the incident, punched Keith Maden outside Dixy Chicken near Reed Hill in Rochdale centre on 28 September 2017.
A majority jury of 11 found him guilty of manslaughter.
Mr Maden, 59, who was punched and hit his head on the floor, was taken to hospital where he later died.
Ali is due to appear again for sentencing on 30 October.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman released under investigation after Rochdale death
- 225-year-old woman arrested after man sustained fatal injuries
- 3Former head teacher of Lowerplace Primary School banned from teaching after cheating in KS2 SATs
- 4Milnrow man charged after dawn raids in Oldham last week
- 5Borough's new LGBT+ identity is launched