Littleborough teenager raises over £200 for Little Princess Trust ahead of charity haircut
Date published: 08 November 2018
13-year-old Olivia Bell, from Littleborough, has raised £220 for The Little Princess Trust charity, ahead of her haircut, which is yet to take place.
A date and location are yet to be set, but the Hollingworth Academy pupil has pledged to donate a minimum of 10 inches of her long hair to the cause.
The Little Princess Trust supplies real-hair wigs for children with conditions that result in hair loss, such as alopecia or chemotherapy. 120g of hair is required for each wig, which is approximately five to seven donations. A minimum donation of seven inches is required.
Her mum, Lynda Allsagar said: “Olivia has a self-obsession with her hair so when she said she wanted to do this is, it was a shock to us all. She treasures her hair but understands how happy it will make someone else and that hers will eventually grow back.
“She has asked to do it herself and I couldn't be prouder.”
To donate, visit:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Previously ‘good’ school told it must improve by watchdog
- 2Plans submitted for controversial 100-home estate
- 3Rochdale town centre businesses after Saturday’s flood
- 4Flooding photo and video gallery - Saturday 16 March 2019
- 5Increased security in place at Royal Oldham Hospital as doctor is carjacked at knifepoint