Blue Rose gifts raise funds for Children in Need
Date published: 16 November 2018
Staff at Blue Rose Gifts dressed up as characters from the Wizard of Oz for Children in Need
Blue Rose Gifts in Heywood donned outfits with an unusual twist to raise money for Children in Need this week (12-16 November).
The team dressed up as characters from the Wizard of Oz, including the Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion and Wicked Witch of the East.
However, owner Beverley Heyworth went that bit further as Glinda the Good Witch with a pink and yellow balloon dress ensuring she really stood out.
As part of Blue Rose’s efforts in raising money for the cause all week, everyone is invited to join in and create a balloon Pudsey bear at Blue Rose.
So far, staff have raised around £300 for Children in Need.
The store was also visited by BBC Radio Manchester's Becky Want as part of the broadcaster’s sponsored walk to raise money for Children in Need.
Children in Need airs on Friday 16 November 2018 across BBC1 (from 7.30pm) and BBC2 (from 10pm), and has raised more than £972m since it was first broadcast in 1980.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman released under investigation after Rochdale death
- 225-year-old woman arrested after man sustained fatal injuries
- 3Former head teacher of Lowerplace Primary School banned from teaching after cheating in KS2 SATs
- 4Milnrow man charged after dawn raids in Oldham last week
- 5Borough's new LGBT+ identity is launched