Rochdale in Bloom committee celebrate outstanding year
Date published: 19 November 2018
Rochdale In Bloom committee celebrate a fabulous 2018
The Rochdale in Bloom committee celebrated a stellar year in style with revelries at Nutters Restaurant on 8 November.
The team enjoyed a well-earned treat at the restaurant, owned by Rochdale in Bloom ambassador and celebrity chef, Andrew Nutter.
Rochdale in Bloom scooped an outstanding number of awards at this year’s RHS In Bloom contest, with a gold award for the third year in a row in the Large Town/Small City category at North West in Bloom, plus gold at the national Britain in Bloom.
The team also went on to achieve a further 33 awards for the regional route and 30 awards for It's Your Neighbourhood entries, more than any other town in the competition.
Chairman Roy Down also received his very own accolade for his community work, receiving the 'Outstanding Contributions' award.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police want to speak to these three men in relation to two town centre assaults
- 2Collapse of Stanney Brook culvert causes localised flooding
- 3Attack on plans to demolish the Seven Sisters after report warns Rochdale’s housing services are...
- 4Flood alert in place in Littleborough
- 5Comedian Jason Manford announces Middleton tour dates