Rochdale in Bloom committee celebrate outstanding year
Date published: 19 November 2018
Rochdale In Bloom committee celebrate a fabulous 2018
The Rochdale in Bloom committee celebrated a stellar year in style with revelries at Nutters Restaurant on 8 November.
The team enjoyed a well-earned treat at the restaurant, owned by Rochdale in Bloom ambassador and celebrity chef, Andrew Nutter.
Rochdale in Bloom scooped an outstanding number of awards at this year’s RHS In Bloom contest, with a gold award for the third year in a row in the Large Town/Small City category at North West in Bloom, plus gold at the national Britain in Bloom.
The team also went on to achieve a further 33 awards for the regional route and 30 awards for It's Your Neighbourhood entries, more than any other town in the competition.
Chairman Roy Down also received his very own accolade for his community work, receiving the 'Outstanding Contributions' award.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 2Police investigating the sale of dangerous fake-vaping products have raided two businesses in...
- 3Former Rochdale council leader Richard Farnell is understood to have quit the Labour Party
- 4Old Middleton, NUDE Middleton: group launches charity calendar
- 5More local residents attend A&E than ever before