Major works around Manchester Victoria between Christmas and New Year
Date published: 06 December 2018
Manchester Victoria Station
Between Christmas and New Year there will be major work ongoing on at sites around Victoria station so rail travellers will need to plan their journeys and consult rail timetables before travelling.
Services affected include:
- 27 & 28 December 2018: No services between Moston and Victoria, some trains will terminate at Rochdale, some at Moston. Replacement buses.
- 29 December 2018: Services as normal except that Blackburn to Southport and Leeds to Southport will all terminate at Victoria.
- 30 December 2018: Normal Sunday service.
- 31 December 2018: Services as normal except that Blackburn to Southport and Leeds to Southport will all terminate at Victoria.
- 1 January 2019: Until 6pm buses will replace trains between Manchester and Rochdale.
Services on Saturday 29 December will also be affected by RMT strike action:
From December 27 to January, engineers will be on sites around Manchester Victoria due to ongoing work which is part of the Great North Rail Project, which will deliver £1bn of improvements across the network by 2022.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman released under investigation after Rochdale death
- 225-year-old woman arrested after man sustained fatal injuries
- 3Former head teacher of Lowerplace Primary School banned from teaching after cheating in KS2 SATs
- 4Milnrow man charged after dawn raids in Oldham last week
- 5Borough's new LGBT+ identity is launched