Safety improvements made to Wardle cenotaph
Date published: 26 November 2018
Wardle Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday
Several repairs and improvements will be carried out to the cenotaph in Wardle village.
The steep stone steps have already been repaired, and a handrail for additional safety will be installed in the future.
Councillor Ashley Dearnley said: “The steps have been repaired and a handrail will soon be fitted, making it safer for all to visit.”
Councillor Neil Emmott, the council’s cabinet member for environment, said: “We’re always keen to hear feedback on our war memorials and how they can be improved and refurbished so they’re fit to commemorate the heroic sacrifices of our Armed Forces.
“We’ve been made aware of a request to remove part of an old gate and add a handrail to the steps at Wardle Cenotaph and are sourcing funding so that this work can be completed.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Four-year-old boy donates long hair to Little Princess Trust after very first haircut
- 2Rochdale’s Got Talent: finalists revealed
- 3Women Against Groomers demand legal action against Home Secretary for failing to deport members of...
- 4Successful first step to restore Rochdale-Heywood-Bury railway line
- 5Government to publish paper into understanding grooming gangs