Liz McInnes MP praises Middleton Lighthouse Project
Date published: 05 December 2018
Liz McInnes, MP with Councillor Donna Martin and volunteers from the Lighthouse Project who were collecting donations for their foodbank
Liz McInnes, Member of Parliament for Heywood and Middleton, has praised the volunteers from a Middleton charity who are working to help families who are going hungry.
On Saturday Liz visited Tesco Middleton alongside North Middleton Councillor Donna Martin to meet volunteers from the Lighthouse Project who were collecting donations for their foodbank.
Liz McInnes MP says: “The people of Middleton gave very generously to the collection for the Lighthouse Project in Tesco on Saturday.
“Thank you to Tesco for organising this sadly much needed collection and to Ian, Karl and all the volunteers for their kindness and hard work. I was pleased to be able to say hello to them alongside Councillor Donna Williams.
“It is unacceptable that in the UK today we have so many families going hungry. Foodbank use is soaring, and my heartfelt thanks and admiration go to all those volunteers who give their own time to help those who are struggling.”
Location of food donation points:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fizz Bomb moves to the Wheatsheaf Centre
- 2New developments must provide open space says campaign group
- 3Year Six pupils learn vital life saving skills
- 4Rochdale dad whose baby daughter survived meningitis to take part in Great Manchester Run
- 5Local beauty salons offering free treatments as incentive for women to attend cervical screening...