Rochdale Connections Trust celebrates volunteer mentors at annual awards
Date published: 17 December 2018
Rochdale Connections Trust's annual mentor celebrations
Rochdale Connections Trust (RCT) held their annual mentor celebrations, recognising the contribution made by all their volunteer mentors, on Thursday 6 December.
This year's event was attended by the Mayor, Mohammed Zaman, who kindly presented the awards and, as always, it was a great success.
This year’s highly deserving winner of the prestigious ‘John Clegg Volunteer of the Year Award’ was Elizabeth Bennett.
RCT’s volunteer mentors provide help to young people through the Big Lottery-funded project, Rochdale Cares to Act, which has been running for over two years.
In that time, there have been some fantastic success stories, where local young people have made considerable progress.
A representative for Rochdale Connections Trust said: “We understand the role our volunteers play in achieving positive outcomes with young people and think their hard work should be recognised and celebrated.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children as young as 10 assaulting security guards, swearing and throwing furniture around...
- 2Rochdale-born Al-Qaeda terrorist denied parole
- 3Rochdale man's body recovered in Cumbria after search for missing paddleboarder
- 4Your memories of Rochdale Town Hall are wanted for a new exhibit
- 5Milnrow man, 20, disqualified from driving for 4 years