Woman charged with causing death by dangerous driving
Date published: 09 January 2019
Sobia Aftar, 33, of Taylor Street, Rochdale has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving and is appearing at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court this morning (Wednesday 9 January 2019).
Shortly after 3.30pm on Monday 1 October 2018, police were called to reports of a serious collision between a red Range Rover and a pedestrian on Taylor Street, Rochdale.
The pedestrian - 11-year-old Marianne Haboc - was sadly pronounced dead at the scene, despite the best efforts of the emergency services.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man stabbed in Rochdale named by police
- 2Middleton fraudster jailed for £45,000 scam
- 3Police find half a million pounds' worth of cocaine and heroin in container
- 4School denies children being made to fill in ‘toilet form’
- 5Major grant scheme launched to revive buildings in Rochdale’s historic heart