Petrus says a big thank you to Rochdale community
Date published: 09 January 2019
Petrus Community received over 450 gifts for children who were unlikely to receive a Christmas gift
A local homelessness charity helped over 500 families over the festive period with the help of the people and businesses of Rochdale.
Petrus Community, working in partnership with Rochdale Social Services, received over 450 gifts for children who were unlikely to receive a Christmas gift.
Over 100 gifts were left over and will now be donated to a local women’s refuge and low-income families.
Pam Barrett, Petrus Store Manager said: “We have been overwhelmed with the public’s and local businesses’ generosity.
“We would like to say a special thank you to staff from Agilisys Ltd, Rochdale, ASDA, Kingsway, Finnigan-McNeill Properties, Rochdale, Foot Locker, Sandbrook Park, Natwest Bank, Rochdale, and Timeware (UK) Ltd, Rochdale who all gave some fantastic donations.
“A few people who donated wished to remain anonymous, and although we cannot publicly thank them, we want say a huge thank you for your kindness.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 2Number of mourners allowed at funerals increases
- 3John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 4Volunteers at Hopwood Hall Estate learn the craft of renovating its historic leaded glass windows
- 5Bev Yarwood is named as new president of Rotary Middleton