Petrus says a big thank you to Rochdale community
Date published: 09 January 2019
Petrus Community received over 450 gifts for children who were unlikely to receive a Christmas gift
A local homelessness charity helped over 500 families over the festive period with the help of the people and businesses of Rochdale.
Petrus Community, working in partnership with Rochdale Social Services, received over 450 gifts for children who were unlikely to receive a Christmas gift.
Over 100 gifts were left over and will now be donated to a local women’s refuge and low-income families.
Pam Barrett, Petrus Store Manager said: “We have been overwhelmed with the public’s and local businesses’ generosity.
“We would like to say a special thank you to staff from Agilisys Ltd, Rochdale, ASDA, Kingsway, Finnigan-McNeill Properties, Rochdale, Foot Locker, Sandbrook Park, Natwest Bank, Rochdale, and Timeware (UK) Ltd, Rochdale who all gave some fantastic donations.
“A few people who donated wished to remain anonymous, and although we cannot publicly thank them, we want say a huge thank you for your kindness.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale in Bloom dream of gold as they prepare to welcome RHS judges
- 2Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 3Police investigating the sale of dangerous fake-vaping products have raided two businesses in...
- 4Old Middleton, NUDE Middleton: group launches charity calendar
- 5More local residents attend A&E than ever before