Woman charged with causing death by dangerous driving remanded into custody
Date published: 10 January 2019
A woman charged with causing death by dangerous driving has been remanded into custody after appearing at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday (9 January).
Sobia Aftar, 33, of Taylor Street, Rochdale, will next appear at Minshull Street Crown Court in February.
Shortly after 3.30pm on Monday 1 October 2018, police were called to reports of a serious collision between a red Range Rover and a pedestrian on Taylor Street.
The pedestrian - 11-year-old Marianne Haboc - was sadly pronounced dead at the scene, despite the best efforts of the emergency services.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Teenage cyclist in serious condition after collision in Rochdale
- 2Seven Sisters tenants told their blocks WILL be torn down
- 3Struggling school has ‘turned the corner’ says watchdog
- 4Healthwatch Rochdale publishes findings and recommendations after visit at Four Seasons Residential...
- 5Medicine Tap celebrates first birthday by unlocking new cocktail bar