Chippy dishes out free fish and chips for nursing home
Date published: 12 January 2019
Residents of Derek Walker Court enjoying their free fish and chips
A well-loved chippy owner from Kirkholt delivered and served free fish and chips to a local nursing home on 3 January.
Already an active member of the community, Ken Pashi, 85, who runs Ken's Chippy on The Strand wanted to do even more.
Following a suggestion made by his daughter, Zafira, Ken delivered and served freshly cooked portions of chips to Derek Walker Court in Rochdale, completely free of charge.
Zafira said: “The nursing homes usually have big orders, so we thought why not do something for one each month.
“I’m so proud of dad. He came over to Middleton from Cyprus in 1962 with absolutely nothing. He’s worked so hard his entire life to support himself, and he’s a very kind person who tries to help out where he can.
“He absolutely loves being with the customers and knows so many people in Rochdale.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1British Transport Police release CCTV following report of sexual assault at Rochdale railway
- 2Rochdale has some of the best roads in Greater Manchester
- 3Probation failings "most likely" contributed to murder of Michael Hoolickin
- 4Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 5Councillor Andy Kelly throws hat in ring for Lib Dems ahead of May 2020 Metro Mayor elections