Rochdale’s outdoor market will no longer operate on a Friday
Date published: 15 January 2019
Rochdale’s outdoor market will no longer trade on a Friday, due to 'low trader numbers'.
The outdoor market will instead run on a Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, with the indoor food hall opening every day except for Sunday.
Damian Cooke, Operations Director at Rochdale Development Agency, said: “We have taken the decision to no longer open the outdoor market on Fridays for the foreseeable future, as trader attendance has been very low on Fridays, with numbers as low as only two traders attending, and there have not been enough stalls to create a viable market offer on this day.
“The outdoor market will continue to operate on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. The indoor food hall which has proved very popular since it opened late last year, will continue to open every day except Sundays.
“In the coming months, we will continue to build the market and are actively seeking new traders to occupy both the indoor and outdoor market.”
Anybody who is interested in finding out more about trading on the market to contact market manager David Bellis: email@example.com or 07498 655 034.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 2Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 3Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 4What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale
- 5Voltalab - The hidden gem of Rochdale’s music history