Middleton Santander branch to close later this year
Date published: 23 January 2019
The Middleton branch of Santander will close later this year, the banking group has announced today (Wednesday 23 January).
The closure is just one of 150 nationwide, with the Manchester New Road branch closing on 25 July.
Susan Allen, Head of Retail and Business Banking, said: "The way our customers are choosing to bank with us has changed dramatically in recent years, with more and more customers using online and mobile channels. As a result, we have had to take some very difficult decisions over our less visited branches, and those where we have other branches in close proximity.
"We will support customers of closing branches to find alternative ways to bank with us that best suit their individual needs. We are also working alongside our unions to support colleagues through these changes and to find alternative roles for those impacted wherever possible."
"We continue to believe that branches have a vital role to play and we will be refurbishing 100 of our branches over the next two years.
“We are confident that following these changes we will have the right branch network to serve our customers’ changing needs, and we expect the size of our network to remain stable for the foreseeable future.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 2Police investigating the sale of dangerous fake-vaping products have raided two businesses in...
- 3Former Rochdale council leader Richard Farnell is understood to have quit the Labour Party
- 4Old Middleton, NUDE Middleton: group launches charity calendar
- 5Rochdale in Bloom dream of gold as they prepare to welcome RHS judges